Overall rating:0 out of5 based on0 reviews.
Rodiles Summer Teens Surf Camp for kids from 10 to 17 years old, the school is located in a chalet in a Natural Park, on the beach of Rodiles. A place of incomparable beauty in front of a small eucalyptus forest with a beach ideal for surfing, no matter which level you are, you will enjoy the waves. Without a doubt, Rodiles is a small natural paradise where you can relax and enjoy unforgettable days surrounded by nature.
A two floors building with 6 bedrooms with bunk beds, 4 bathrooms plenty of space to socialize,garden and play area with trampoline, volleyball net, table tennis, library, skate ramp and much more!! Specific exercises for surfing, video corrections, stretching, workshops, games, tournaments, and extra activities. All material included for all levels.
All instructors and students agree that the best place to learn and progress quickly and effectively is in a Surfcamp. Rodiles Summer Teens has been successfully doing this surf camp since 2004, and every season we try to improve ourselves to offer the best service and the best experiences to our clients, regardless of their age or level of surfing. Our greatest guarantee is a large number of students who repeat year after year encouraging new friends.
- 2 floors building
- 6 bedrooms (with bunk beds)
- 4 bathrooms
- Large kitchen
- Large living room
- Entrance hall
- Limit of place 22 students
- 7 maximum per instructor
- All instructors will sleep in the house
- Separate rooms for girls and boys.
To have fun
- Garden with 2,500 m2 of flat land with fruit trees
- Skate ramp of 8 x 5 m.
- Volleyball net
- Five-a-side goalposts
- Table tennis
- Library with interesting books and surf magazines
For a better coexistence in the Surfcamp, there are some basic rules that all students and instructors must follow:
These rules will be explained to you on the first day. In case of no fulfill them will be given 3 types of warnings:
Minor fault: The student is notified of his absence.
Serious Fault: Parents are notified of the student’s absence and the possible expulsion to the next notice.
Direct Expulsion: Parents are called to come to pick up the student.
Can I go tothe Surf Camp if I have never surfed?
The majority of our students have never surfed, in our Surf Camp we have enough staff to organize groups by levels, from INITIATION to ADVANCED. The requirement indispensable is that our students know how to swim and want to spend an unforgettable experience with us.
How old is good to go to the Camp?
12 to 18 yearsold
Where are the students from?
We have students who come from all over the world, French, Italians, Greeks, English, from anywhere in the peninsula, Madrid, Catalonia, Basque Country and also of the Islands.
Can I take my surfing material to Camp?
yes, no problem, we will evaluate it, just in case it is not suited to you we will ask you to get one of ours.
What kind of food is there?
Our catering has local products from the area Asturiana and the weekly menu consists of a healthy and balanced diet, with all they need to recover the energy of a long day of much fun. Depending on the day we can go to a restaurant in the area and very important: Catering adapts to the needs of children or celiacs, vegetarians or similar (must request it before arrival).
- Daily surf sessions 2 times per day for 2 hours each
- Variety ofboards for all levels (Softboards with a soft touch to avoid bumps and also fiber for the most advanced)
- A system of aquatic radio receivers for Ensure quick learning and comfort at the time to correct faults. You can talk to the student in time real from the shore while he enjoys a session of the surf.
Specific exercises for surfing: Fitball balances, standing, mental surfing
Video corrections: The surfing sessions are projected so that the student can see and correct him. It is one of the fastest and most effective ways to progress
Stretching: Stretches after surfing to rest properly
Lifeguard and rescue workshop: The student is taught how to act in case of emergency in the water. Knowledge of beaches, currents, breakers, first aid.
Shape Workshop: You can see all the processes in the construction of a surfboard. It is taught by a professional shaper.
Skate Workshop: Exercises with skateboard and Surfskate to improve the style.
Games and tournaments: We organize games and tournaments of ping pong, table football, volleyball, soccer, prisoner ball, baseball, gymkhana …
Very close to the Surfcamp there are numerous leisure opportunities such as the descent of the Sella, golf, Hawaiian dance
- Arrival in the afternoon (between 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.) and distribution of the rooms.
- Go out to know the beach and surroundings.
- Presentation of the Staff and students, explanation of the Surfcamp rules.
From Monday to Friday in the morning:
- Get up at 9:00 a.m.
- Distribution of the groups according to surf levels.
- Distribution ofboards and suits depending on the constitution physical of each student.
- Theoretical class – Sea observation, and talk to each group according to your level (30 min.)
- Warm-up and stretching (20 min.)
- Practical class (duration 2 hours)
- Free time: students can rest or play inside of the facilities, ping pong, trampoline, five-a-side, volleyball (Tournaments and games will be organized during the week).
- Specific Workshops – throughout the week they will be a series of workshops that will be spread over different days (shape, pilates, photography, 1st aid, stretching, etc)
In the afternoon:
- Free bath (2-3 hours) supervised by instructors, to that the student puts into practice everything seen in the class in the morning. The instructor will be at all times with the students.
- Games at home, surf movie projection, trips, championships, videos that we recorded during classes, photos and more …
- Breakfast at home.
- Pack and organize departure.
- Delivery of evaluations, diplomas and prizes (will be raffled some gifts among all).
- Official departure and end of the Camp (12:00 h.).
*Schedules and activities may be modified according to the weather or other special conditions.
LOCATION & GETTING HERE
Location The Surfcamp is located in a chalet located in a Natural Park, on the beach of Rodiles, Villaviciosa (Asturias).
The beach of Rodiles is 9 km from the town of Villaviciosa, 22 km from the city of Gijón and 30 km from Oviedo.
arriving at the Asturias Airport (OVD) which is 5 minutes from Avilés.
Driving along the A-8 motorway (Cantabrian motorway), take exit 360 (Villaviciosa / Rodiles) and from there you are marked to reach the beach.
By bus or train
you have Alsa (buses) and Renfe (train) stations in both Gijón and Oviedo city.
Indispensable (look before leaving home to the camp):
- Social Security card.
- Private medical insurance card, if available.
- Parent authorization sheet duly completed and signed.
- If there is a federated student, you must bring your federative accreditation.
- If you are a minor, the authorization that we send you via mail, duly completed and signed by parents / guardians.
- If any medical treatment is followed do not forget the medication, asthmatics, celiac, allergic, etc …
- Clothing as comfortable as possible since we will be doing many physical activities or sports very similar to surfing. There is no need forget that in the north of Spain, even if it’s summer because of Evenings a sweatshirt or raincoat is almost always necessary that sometimes it rains.
- SOLAR CREAM, in our camp it is COMPULSORY
- Sunglasses, flip flops, bikinis or swimsuits, beach towels …
- As for the sheets and other necessities, the house has everything you need!
PRICES & PACKAGES
Rates & dates
|Surf Camp 0||24.06 – 30.06||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 1||01.07 – 07.07||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 2||08.07 – 14.07||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 3||15.07 – 21.07||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 4||22.07 – 28.07*||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 5||29.07 – 04.08*||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 6||05.08 – 11.08||620 EUR|
|Surf Camp 7||12.08 – 18.08||620 EUR|
* English Camp
- 7 days of surf campsexperience
- 6 Surf camp nights in a shared room (rooms of 4 or 6 people)
- Breakfast: Milk, juices, toasts, cereals, fruit, sandwich …
- Lunch and dinner: We have a catering service very varied: meat, fish, vegetables, vegetables, all accompanied by salad and dessert. Depending on the conditions we can go to eat at a restaurant in the area.
- 5 days of surfing (Monday to Friday) with 2 sessions of water per day.
- 3 hours of class per session (1 h theory / 2 h practice)
- Technical Assessment: So that the student has clear objectives and steps to follow in your surfing.
- Use and availability of all facilities, activities and Surf Camp material during the entire stay.